Saturday, June 2, 2012

Grandmother's Garden..

Setting the ladies free. Lily and Breezy were excited. Savi wasn't quite as excited. Not a bug fan. 
This sweet little girl  is my niece. She just began her 7 th time around the sun this last Thursday!
Lady bugs, lady bugs, Fly away home!

Lil' trying out the garden beds for a balance beam.

Red leaf: my absolute favorite green!

Does lettuce make your mouth water?

Because it does mine!

I wish I could capture this color purple inside a sun catcher.

Rainbow chard: my other favorite green!





These were my mama's favorite. She loved the slight purple hues. My mama past last July. How I miss her. 

Will these strawberries turn before the children eat them? Did you know that a strawberry isn't actually a berry at all?


My sister's favorite. (I actually have 3 sisters and 3 brothers)

My favorite.

The children's favorite.
Today we spent the entire day in my grandmother's garden. I got to see my 2 nieces and my great-grandmother who we call " Oma ". I adore her! She moved in with my grandmother about a year or so ago which has been wonderful because my grandmothers are both in one place! My Oma is the sweetest person I've ever met and I love her so! I enjoyed her company so much! I love her stories about when she was little and to hear how life was back when she was a mama. She had 7 children of her own! How amazing to be able to have 7 children! What a blessing that would be! After a nice cup of coffee with the ladies, it was out into the garden to teach the girls about where our food comes from, looking for fairies and freeing a batch of ladybugs into the veggie patch. There were ladybugs everywhere! On shirts, on noses, in hair! Oh what a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. I love Oma, too! Give her kisses for me next time. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds indeed like a fabulous day and a garden to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete