Saturday, August 11, 2012

Little Knitted Pouch....

I changed the bead to a green one. It looks a lot better now.

Working on Lil's sweater while the girls are playing. It rained last night so it was quite nice outside.  And for once I actually remembered my camera!
This week I've been working on knitting a small purse I can take with me to work. I fell in love with the yarn and had to make something beautiful out of it. I've changed the color of the bead since I took the photo this morning to green and it looks much better. I just knitted a long hat and after knitting about 10 rows I slipped a stitch every 10 stitches so I had room for my i cord drawstring . Next time I think I'll slip a stitch every 5 instead of 10 so it looks a little smoother. I am still learning how to knit more than just a tube or flat things. Being self taught I haven't learned these things as quickly as I've wanted to but I have always been a slow learner. I am also working on a birthday sweater (vest) for Lily's birthday.  My next project is going to be a gift for my Nana's birthday next week. What do you make for someone who has everything they need and want? I was thinking of knitting some sort of throw pillow for her bed to match her new quilt. I'm just stumped. What are you working on?

4 comments:

  1. Your bag is adorable.
    I like the idea of knitting a throw pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that yarn bowl, I'm still on the hunt for a good one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purse is wonderful and the colours are the wool yarn are delightful. The throw pillow is a good idea - have you been over to Linda @ Natural Suburbia's blog as she has lots of lovely patterns and tutorials that might give you some ideas.

    ReplyDelete