Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What's Hanging On My Wall?


The Green Man.

Today I decided to post about our home. I love art and I love color. There is a lot of that here. I cannot live without it.  Johnathan gave this to me for Valentine's Day. I had wanted it for quite a while. He is so thoughtful. I can't imagine where I'd be without him!

I made this magnetic spice rack from an old cookie sheet and recycled baby food jars. When Lily was little, I bought just enough to reuse them and then made our own baby food. Home made was better for sure! The only thing I had to purchase for this project was magnets. It does it's job. Just make sure if you do this that you use jars that close well. Steam from food as well as the hood light can ruin your spices. But ours never last too long around here.

This is our cleaning corner. We put the supplies low enough for little hands to reach. After all, littles love to help with the work! Especially when the tools are their size.

I really love displaying my children's artwork. Nothing makes me happier than to see how it makes them feel to know their work is valued. I think it gives them a sense of pride. (The good kind of pride). We rotate it through the seasons to keep it fresh. 




This is in Lil's room. She keeps her dishes and kitchen stuff in there.
I made this growth chart. It was one of those experimental things. 







The children made these for the windows at Christmas but when it came time for them to go they asked if they could put them on their walls.


Lil' is always asking to hold this angel. She sings to her and kisses her softly.
I did Tortise's room in Flower Fairies. I'd take more pictures but I'm afraid I'll break a leg or something and never make it back out alive (:


Part of the long strand of fairies on her wall.

Each of them have a felted picture and an angel.

(sigh) Eventually I will be able to get playsilks. For now we use cloth instead.

Tortise did this one in school last year. I love it. And it looks quite good in the kitchen! What's hanging on your wall?


No comments:

Post a Comment